stripes

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Random-Part 1

We've come to the time of year when most people are posting sentimental Christmasy stories or sharing recipes and craft ideas.  Not me.  I jumped on the random train tonight.  So, here are my thoughts about a few random topics.

PSA #4,902: Lurking is ok on Twitter, but it's called stalking on Facebook.  Pretty sure it isn't socially acceptable.  You know those people I'm talking about--the ones that never update their own status, still have the "generic" Facebook icon as their profile pic or have had the same profile pic since joining Facebook, and never comment on anyone else's status.  But, these same people will stop you in Wal-Mart and tell you 64 stories about your status updates the past month.  Can we say creepy?!?

I love people with a sense of humor--especially when they share their thoughts in writing.  Today I found one of the FUNNIEST blog posts I've ever read.  I laughed so hard I cried when reading this one.  Actually I've read it three times, and it gets funnier each time!  Check out "Overachieving Elf on the Shelf Mommies."  Jen (the author of this blog) deserves to win some award.  While her language is a little "colorful" at times, it's worth reading her thoughts.  A few other funny (but sometimes crude) websites to visit include Sh*t Siri Says and Lamebook.  We all could use a few more laughs in our life!

At the beginning of the year I thought Kindergarten teachers were saints.  Spending the afternoon with over 60 sweet Kinder babies the day before Christmas break helped me realize that not only are Kindergarten teachers saints, they also posess a "magic" like none other.  Don't they always have the COOLEST comments?!?  The things they say to their little cherubs just make me smile!  This afternoon we were getting ready to hand out hot cocoa and cookies to our Kinder group.  One teacher was giving directions, and told them, "When you're done, make sure to wipe your face so no one else knows you just had a snack."  If that isn't a genius right there, then I don't know what is! 

I never know how long a blog post can be before it starts dragging on and on.  That's why I decided not to share everything on my mind.  I'll continue with the next random post in the next couple days!

No comments:

Post a Comment